17050 Bio-Pin Ball, Large 1300 count
- State of the art filter media for use in fresh and salt water wet/dry systems.
- They may be connected together or randomly placed in the filter box.
- Bio-Pin Balls help produce turbulence, aiding in the gas-exchange process.
- The void space between the Bio-Pins is ideal for the movement of gasses like oxygen and allows it to more-readily come in contact with nitrifying bacteria living on the media surface.
- Biological filtration is the process by which waste is broken down from toxic ammonia to less toxic nitrates.
- The suggested usage is 1 gallon of Bio-Pin Balls per 20 gallons for salt water or 35 gallons freshwater.
- Each Bio-Pin Ball has 150 Bio-Pins (drip points).
- There are 74 balls per gallon.
- One Cu. Ft. of media has approximately 150 Sq. Ft. of surface area.